Using quilt with /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk

HI all,

I have had quite a bit of success packaging libraries with
haskell-devscripts, but now I have one requiring patches. My debian/rules
file looks like this:

    #!/usr/bin/make -f
    include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make
    include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
    include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk

I have my patches in debian/patches/ and I have a debian/patches/series
file.

Quilt has worked for me before on non-haskell packages, but here the
patches don't get applied.

Is there some interaction between hlibrary.mk and quilt that I should
know about? Have I overlooked something?

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/