Re: cabal-debian ITP?

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> I’m just wondering: Does anyone plan to upload a haskell-debian package
> to Debian?

I was working towards this myself.

> It would be convenient to play around with cabal-debian, and
> the debian library might also be interesting, e.g. to write a tool that
> outputs information about packages that need to be binNMUed or uploaded.

This is something that would probably be useful in my day job.

> It seems that some dependencies are missing (Unixutils, Extra), some
> need rebuilds (network, HaXml), some need to go through NEW (bzlib). The
> parsec dependency is unversioned.

I have a package basically ready for Unixutils (it builds but needs some
minor tweaking). I've also started on the Extra and Debian packages but
they don't currently build due to problems with broken dependancies.

As you noted network needs a rebuild once parsec is sorted out. The
current HaXml debian source doesn't currently build due to haddock
issues:

    haddock: unrecognized option `--use-package=base'
    unrecognized option `--use-package=haskell98'

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/