Re: Debian Haskell Platform status and bug reports

Don Stewart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Can anyone update me on the status of Debian support for the Haskell Platform?
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

There has been talk on the mailing list about it.  We'd probably make
haskell-platform a metapackage that depends on all the components.  We
need to regress some of the components to older versions first, though.
 I've not been directly involved so someone else can speak better.

> Secondly, the generic unix installer has a bug report against it on
> Debian only:
>
>     http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/32
>
> Relating to editline not being found.
>
> Can someone elaborate/close the ticket?

I think somebody just tried to build it without installing editline.  I
made a note on the ticket.