Re: ITP : Haskell Curl bindings

Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs@mega-nerd.com> writes:

> I did have the upstream tarball "curl-1.3.4.tar.gz" under revision
> control and each time I built the package I would untar the
> original, rename the "curl-1.3.4" directory to "haskell-curl-1.3.4"
> and then tar it up to create haskell-curl_1.3.4.orig.tar.gz.

That should never be necessary; dpkg-source -x (and uupdate) are smart
enough to rename the top-level directory.

> I am now keeping the haskell-curl_1.3.4.orig.tar.gz tarball under
> revision control so it shouldn't change again.

For the next upstream release, I recommend you just use uscan and then
uupdate to extract the tarball with the appropriate name.  Hopefully
that plays nice with git-buildpackage or whatever you're using.