Re: New version of zlib

@Ftp-Master summary: Please REJECT the upload of libghc6-zlib in NEW.
Thanks and sorry for the upload.

Hi Marco,

first of all: Congratulations for getting married! I wish your young
family all the best, and that you may enjoy the release of many more
stable Debian releases together1

Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 10:17 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Em Sáb, 2009-02-28 às 16:12 +0100, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> > Am Freitag, den 27.02.2009, 11:55 +0100 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > > Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 22:40 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
> > > Silva:
> >
> > it’s already uploaded... but I noticed just now that you changed the
> > source package name to libghc6-zlib. What is the rationale for that?
>
> As there's no package for zlib in another compiler, such as hugs, I
> thought that libghc6 would be a better prefix than haskell, cause it's
> more precise.  Do you think it's a bad idea?

Yes, as it breaks the principle of least surprise... there are no
libghc6- source package so far. And who knows, maybe haskell-zlib will
support hugs or another compiler at a later time.

> > Generally, I think, ftp-masters and bts admins do not like it when
> > source package names change, unless for very good reasons.
>
> I didn't knew that.  I'll try to avoid it from now.  About zlib, should
> I change it back?

Yes, please prepare another upload as haskell-zlib, and I’ll sponsor it
for you. As you can see above, I asked ftp-masters to reject
libghc6-zlib. Sorry for not spotting that before uploading.

> Should I keep gtk2hs as it is, instead of changing it to haskell-gtk2hs
> or libghc6-gtk2hs?

Yes, keep it as it is. Changing it is not worth it. Also, gtk2hs is a
“real name” and not just a generic name for a haskell library (such has
network, or zlib), so the missing haskell-prefix is not bad. I did the
same thing for xmonad.