Re: data-files examples

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.12.2009, 09:39 -0800 schrieb John MacFarlane:
> +++ Joachim Breitner [Dec 16 09 11:31 ]:
> > Am Dienstag, den 15.12.2009, 23:48 -0800 schrieb John MacFarlane:
> > > Are there good examples of debianized Haskell libaries that
> > > use getDataFile to retrieve data from the files listed under
> > > 'data-files' in the cabal configuration?  Are there any
> > > complications relating ot the installation of these data files?
> > >
> > > If I could be confident it wouldn't create difficulties for
> > > packaging, I'd use getDataFile in pandoc and avoid the need
> > > to use template Haskell to bake the data directly into the
> > > executable.
> >
> > I don’t see why it should cause problems. At least agda seems to do it.
>
> Where does it put the data files?
>
> agda's 'data-files' section includes 'Agda.css'. But when I installed
> agda-bin and libghc6-agda-dev through debian, 'find /usr /etc -name
> Agda.css' doesn't turn up anything.

hmm, ok, I only grepped for getDataFile.

But still, what should go wrong? cabal install will happily put the
files in debian/pandoc/usr/share/pandoc, put /usr/share/pandoc in the
_paths.hs file and the resulting binary works.

Just try it. If something does not work, it’s a bug and needs to be
fixed.

Gruß,