Re: Next Ubuntu release

Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs@mega-nerd.com> writes:

> For those interested in Haskell packages for Ubuntu, it is important to
> note that in next 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx, packages will be imported from
> Debian testing and not from unstable as it was done previously.

Searching on packages.debian.org it seems that ghc 6.8.2 is still in
testing, and, as you all know, ghc 6.10 is in unstable as well as Ubuntu
9.10.

Does this mean that 10.04 will actually regress to the previous version,
warts and all?  Are we going to lose all the great work put in by your
guys that finally made Ubuntu's Haskell offerings usable?

If so, this is a pretty sad thing to do.

-k