Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] [SCM] Haskell binding to libmagic branch, master, updated. debian/1.0.8-1-3-gb0ffdb2

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Thanks, both are uploaded.

Thanks Joachim.

> The hslogger Debian packages has (and had before) differences in
> the .diff.gz that do not sound Debian-specific:
>
> $ diffstat ../hslogger_1.0.8-3.diff.gz

!!!!

> I guess this is an artefact from the fact that these packages used to be
> native package. With the next upstream release we should try to not have
> any non debian/-changes in the .diff.gz

I think it may also be related to the way they are maintained in Git,
with the upstream sources in Git alongside the debian specific stuff.

Personally I found this a real pain (git and I have our differences)
in comparison to working in Darcs with only the debian directory in
revision control.

Whats the policy with this? Is it still either Darcs or Git or should
we standardize on Darcs?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/