Re: MTL vs Transformers

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 27.11.2009, 22:12 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > you are only talking about calls to ghc by haskell-devscripts, e.g. when
> > compiling Setup.hs, right? Then I agree with you.
>
> Yes.

This can be fixed in the line
        for setup in Setup.lhs Setup.hs; do if test -e $$setup; then ghc6 --make $$setup -o $(DEB_SETUP_BIN_NAME); exit 0; fi; done
in hlibrary.mk, by hiding mtl. OTOH, I wonder how many Setup scripts
actually include Control.Monad.Trans – probably none, and no change is
required?

> > The calls to ghc for building the libraries themselves should handle
> > this via cabal, shoudn’t they?
>
> Yes, and I actually think I have a very simple solution that I'm currently
> testing, adding:
>
>    DEB_SETUP_GHC6_CONFIGURE_ARGS = --flags="-hide-package mtl"
>
> or
>
>    DEB_SETUP_GHC6_CONFIGURE_ARGS = --flags="-hide-package transformers"
>
> to the debian/rules as required.

I might be wrong, but I thought that cabal already hides all packages
not explicitly mentioned in the cabal file, so nothing breaks here
either.

Seems to me that no action is necessary at all... or am I missing
something?