Re: No ghc-pkg unregister call on upgrade?

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 27.09.2009, 21:38 +0300 schrieb Kari Pahula:
> Maybe.  I haven't thought about this for a time and don't have in
> fresh memory how ghc-pkg works.  I'll try to recap the situation a
> bit, about what's needed.

I think you once mentioned that ghc even contains (undocumented) code to
read package data from a directory. If that is the case (or if it can be
made the case), you could even skip the trigger and just have the
library packages dump their information in this directory. Non-packaged
libraries that the admin installs manually are still registered at the
usual place. ghc-pkg (and ghc) will then just merge these places (global
registry, user registry, directory with distribution files) as it now
merges the global and user registry.

If this is technically possible, I’d find it the most elegant solution.