Re: Status of Haskell in unstable/testing

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:35:04PM +0300, Kari Pahula wrote:
> Please don't remove ghc6 on ia64 from unstable.  ghc6 has a
> Build-Depends on ghc6 and the current 6.8.2 on ia64 is sufficient for
> building 6.12.

would dropping ghc6/ia64 from testing be still acceptable? that
would potentially allow ghc 6.10.x to testing for the rest of archs.

> Something that would help to keep ghc6 in a working state on ia64
> would be to commit a computer as a build slave, as detailed in
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/BuildBot
> But I don't know if that's a justifiable use of resources.

perhaps someone at the ia64 list can provide such machine.
I can probably provide a arm(el) buildbot machine if someone can
host it.