Re: Packages whose prof package don't yet depend on their dev package

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 21.07.2009, 13:50 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> > The versions of haskell-network and haskell-hunit currently in sid
> > need to be rebuilt - they don't have the prof -> dev dependencies that
> > the lastest haskell-devscripts would give them.
>
> I’d say this is non-critical and can be fixed with the next upload
> happening anyways. Kaol is preparing ghc-6.10.4, so this will be soon.

I wonder if we should get some lintian help here.

Maybe we could request lintian warnings for any libghc6-*-prof packages
that don't depend on the corresponding libghc6-*-dev package.

While we're at it, we might might as well ask them to remove the warning:

  libghc6-*-prof: debian-changelog-file-is-a-symlink

when the -prof package does indeed depend on the -dev package.

If people agree with these ideas I'm willing to chase them through
the process of getting them added to lintian.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/