Re: binNMU request generation script (couple of feature requests)

Hi,

Am Montag, den 06.07.2009, 15:33 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> On 6 Jul 2009, at 14:48, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Right, I missed these. Here is an improved output, with much more
> > results.
>
> This is cool, good work! Do you think it would be possible to have a
> html (or other human-readable) output mode too? I'm thinking of how
> we'd do this in Ubuntu*, where we have no concept of binNMUs so have
> to do a sourceful upload where you would do a binNMU here. The
> ordering is obviously important too (expressed by your tool using
> depwaits), so it would be cool if the output could make this manifest.

The code is a mess and barely good enough to get a grip on the problem
itself; any serious extension should follow a rewrite (preferable in
Haskell :-)). Once we have parsec, network etc. going, we could base it
on http://hackage.haskell.org/package/debian

> . o O { how about a dot graph? }

I had that idea as well, and I guess it would be nice.

> * I haven't looked at the code in too much detail, but the Ubuntu
> archive doesn't have wanna-build, so an option to not do this step
> would also be grateful, or else I'll hack it out when I come to port
> the script.

If you want, you are welcome to extend the script :-)

PS: I’m subscribed, no need to CC me.