Re: (partial) ghc6 6.10.3 library transition

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:28:32PM +0300, Kari Pahula wrote:
> I've just uploaded a new ghc6 version to unstable.  All Haskell
> libraries will need to be rebuilt against it.  The following Haskell
> libraries were built successfully against 6.10.1, so I'm fairly
> certain that they should just build with 6.10.3, too.
>
> I've updated some libraries to new upstream versions and made a
> sourceful upload of those.  Also, I'll need to review the glut binding
> and parsec a bit before updating those.  The rest are still built
> against 6.8 and the toolchain from back then, so they may not work.
> They'll probably need sourceful uploads.
>
> RMs, is the following OK with you?

Yes, thanks.  And thanks you very much for preparing the list in the
wb format.

Please note, though, that the syntax is slightly different:

> nmu . haskell-arrows_0.4.1-1 . ALL . -m 'Rebuild against GHC 6.10.3'
gets
> nmu haskell-arrows_0.4.1-1 . ALL . -m 'Rebuild against GHC 6.10.3'

And it would be cool if you could review the result a bit, especially
the dep-waits on arches where no binNMU was possible because the binNMU
target was not yet built anyway.[*]

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[*] I suppose most of those don't have ghc anyway.  That's somehow the
    drawback of using ALL and having them present in the DB.
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager