Re: Any standards in packaging haskell libraries?

Hi,

Am Montag, den 20.04.2009, 19:26 +0200 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> I'm thinking of packaging the json library
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/json) as
> it's not currently in Debian (and I need it for a project of mine and it
> gets tedious to install from source on every machine); before filling
> the ITP and starting to work, are there any standards/wiki pages/etc.
> for Haskell library packaging?
>
> I've tried looking around, but http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/
> seems empty, and google didn't return anything more specific than
> http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/haskellwiki/Creating_Debian_packages_from_Cabal_package

I think you are best advised to look at existing, recently upgraded
packages. I recommend to follow kaol’s style of packaging (he is the ghc
maintainer and has developed hlibrary.make which is now shipped in
haskell-devscripts), for example his library
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/haskell-mtl/haskell-mtl_1.1.0.2-6.dsc