updated version of cabal-debian

Hello,

I just pushed a patch to haskell-debian-3 which makes a bunch of
updates to cabal-debian. It should be a lot closer to being useful for
Debian now. I tested using the latest packages in Debian sid -- not
sure if there is an even fresher place I should be looking. I do not
actually know of any outstanding issues at the moment, but I have not
tested the new changes throughly yet.

For simple packages, like zlib and bzlib, the only lintian errors in
the generated .debs are due to the fact that 'api' is lower case
instead of upper case in the Description (which comes from the .cabal
file).

So, if you want to give cabal-debian a shot, now would be a good
time. I'll do a new upload to hackage if things look good.

For now, you will need these packages from darcs:

darcs get http://src.seereason.com/ghc610/haskell-unixutils/
darcs get http://src.seereason.com/ghc610/haskell-extra/
darcs get http://src.seereason.com/ghc610/haskell-debian-3/

From hackage:

HaXml 1.13.3, QuickCheck 1.2, zlib, bzlib

And I think the rest of the dependencies you can get from sid (mtl,
parallel, etc).

My recent fixes and updates include:

haskell-debian (3.31) unstable; urgency=low

  * update to use newer haskell-devscripts which includes hlibrary.mk
  * change libghc6-*-doc to haskell-*-doc
  * move haskell-*-doc to Section: doc
  * build haskell-*-doc for Architecture 'all' instead of 'any'
  * make ghc6-doc and haddock Build-Depends-Indep
  * update Standards-Version to 3.8.1
  * depend on cdbs and haskell-devscripts instead of haskell-cdbs
  * only use one space at the beginning of lines in the long description
  * add ${misc:Depends} to Depends lines

 -- Jeremy Shaw <jeremy@seereason.com>  Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:18:41 -0500

We also have some patches to haskell-devscripts, but they are not
required for cabal-debian to work. We are in the progress of merging
them against the latest haskell-devscripts:

  - A patch that prevents the generation of less than dependencies
    so it still tries to build if the dependencies get newer
  - a patch to handle ^M characters in cabal files
  - A patch to make it expand #PACKAGE# to the debian package name I think - not sure if I use this feature
    in the postinst and prerm scripts et al
  - There is a patch that adds a postinst and a postrm to the haddock package to regenerate the documentation index

- jeremy