Re: haskell-haskeline

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Joachim Breitner wrote:

The patch to avoid extensible-exceptions in this case was bigger.  Are
we sure we want this?

Given that the patch, although not very small, is still very straight
forward (i.e. involves no difficult or error-prone steps), Iÿÿm still
prefering it over depending on an e-e package. But I do not have a
strong opinion there, if there is a consensus against patching I wonÿÿt
oppose it.

I think Debian should stay as close to hackage as possible. Patching to avoid extensible-exceptions seems gratuitous to me.

Ganesh