De: Judah Jacobson <judah.jacobson@gmail.com>
Para: Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com>
Assunto: Re: darcs patch: Use Control.Exception directly in GHC >= 6.9
Data: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:42:26 -0800

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
<marcot@holoscopio.com> wrote:
> Fri Mar  6 12:18:39 BRT 2009  Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com>
>  * Use Control.Exception directly in GHC >= 6.9
>
>  In systems such as Debian, where there's only GHC 6.10 available, there's
>  no point of installing extensible-extensions.  This patch removes the dependecy
>  on this package.  For more information:
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2009/02/msg00088.html .

Marco,

I personally find it easier to isolate the CPP-magic to one package
(extensible-exceptions) than to reproduce it in each package that I
release.  So I'm pretty reluctant to apply this patch to my main
teminfo repo.

Other than removing the need for one extra package, do you have a
reason for wanting to get rid of this dependency?

-Judah
--
marcot
http://marcot.iaaeee.org/