Re: out of memory when reading /usr/share/doc/ghc6-doc/libraries/base/base.haddock

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote

So yes, I'm very confident that haddock's interface files are not arch
independent. Which is quite bad, I guess.

I see two solutions:
 * We patch haddock to not store any arch dependent data.
  (Probably quite some work)
 * We mach all -doc packages arch any instead of all.
  (Easiler but less elegant)
 * We put the haddock interface files in the -dev packages.
  (Not sure about the implications)

They are most certainly architecture dependent, and must be set to architecture any.  All the packages in our repository have this change, and the cabal-debian tool generates a debianization with that architecture.  Putting them in the dev package seems a bit unfortunate.  What I am not sure about is whether they are compiler dependent -- if they are I guess the package name should be libghc6-foo-doc rather than haskell-foo-doc.