Re: GHC 6.10.1 uploaded to experimental

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org> wrote:
I've just uploaded haddock 2.4.1-1, ghc6 6.10.1-1 and a new build of
mtl library to experimental.

Haddock wants to be built with the same version of GHC that it
generates documents for.  "Haddock's internal GHC version must match
the configured GHC version", as it says.  That means that, when it's
time to push this into unstable, I'll need to:

1) upload haddock and have it build against ghc 6.8.2
2) upload ghc6, which has a build dep on haddock (>= 2.4.1)
3) upload haddock again, so that it's built with ghc 6.10.1
4) upload ghc6 again, so that ghc6-doc gets built correctly

The first step is probably unnecessary, but I'd like to stick haddock
(>= 2.4.1) as a build dep for ghc6 right away.

Would it work to just patch the haddock source in utils/haddock to version 2.4.1?  The
standard ghc 6.10 source distro builds haddock, you could split it into a separate binary package.