Re: Best way to package Haskell package for Debian?

We at SeeReason Partners have written a cabal->debian converter.  It's imperfect, but it works well for simple packages.  It relies on some additions we have made to haskell-devscripts in a package called haskell-devscripts-cdbs.  Someone wrote a cdbs wrapper for John Goerzen's devscripts and we packaged it up in the -cdbs package, which is used as a build dependency by the packages produced by cabal-debian.

Feel free to use and/or adopt these tools.  We have compiled them for Ubuntu Hardy, which is what we are actively using and for Debian sid, but we have not tested these.  The sources.list entries are:

deb http://deb.seereason.com/ubuntu hardy-seereason main
deb-src http://deb.seereason.com/ubuntu hardy-seereason main

deb http://deb.seereason.com/debian sid-seereason main
deb-src http://deb.seereason.com/debian sid-seereason main

These also have ghc 6.8.3 packages built with haddock 2.0.