opie in debian?

Hi all,

I am currently running sarge on a Zaurus C1000 [1].  I seem to remember
(as does Google ;) the existence of packages for opie and related
applications in Debian (op-*-fb, qt-embedded-free), but they no longer
appear to be in the archive.  The last mention of them I can dig up
seems to be on this list circa 2003..

Does anyone know if these packages are still available (sources/diffs?),
and/or if there were issues building them for arm?

Cheers,
Matt (pls cc me; I've tried subscribing to d-h several times, but it
doesn't seem to have worked out..)

[1] For the curious.. I did it mostly by hand rather than using the
pocketworkstation distribution.  I wanted to install to flash rather
than run off a memory card, figuring that if I can get Debian proper to
work well enough, the "native" rom would just end up being "cruft"
anyway.. :)  I could probably write up more detailed instructions, but
this might serve as a starting point for someone trying to google
themselves into trouble.

Roughly, the steps I took:
- Flashed the latest pdaxrom; chose this mostly because the installer
has a partition resizing tool built in, and debootstrapping the system
was interesting enough without trying to deal with two partitions in
flash.
- debootstrap --foreign --arch arm sarge onto an SD card from my desktop
- debootstrap --second-stage on the Z
- chroot'ed into the Debian environment on the SD card, slimmed down the
installed size by running aptitude and purging unnecessary packages
(exim, cron, man-db), and manually stripping non-essential stuff
(/var/cache/apt/archives, /usr/share/doc)
- Added a few packages I would need before apt and friends would work
(pcmcia-cs, wireless-tools)
- (Re)-mounted the flash partition under the chroot, rm -rf'd most of
the original ROM filesystem and copied the chroot versions onto the
flash.  (Preserving the original /etc/fstab, /dev, and /lib/modules.)
- Rebooted (and prayed ;)

Note: to get around the apt-get jffs2/mmap issue [2], I added an fstab
entry ("none /var/cache/apt/cache tmpfs defaults 0 0"), and
created /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00-tmpfs-cache with:
 Dir {
  Cache "var/cache/apt/" {
   srcpkgcache "cache/srcpkgcache.bin";
   pkgcache "cache/pkgcache.bin";
  };
 };
Not exactly ideal, but it works for me.  It will take apt a little while
to rebuild the cache after you reboot, of course.  I think you could
achieve persistence by copying the files to/from the tmpfs either in
startup/shutdown scripts, or maybe pre-/post-invocation hooks in apt
(which might have the added benefit of being able to mount/unmount the
tmpfs on demand).

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-handheld/2003/03/msg00000.html