Re: Changing window manager on pocketworkstation?

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:36:58PM -0800, Tony Godshall wrote:
> Thanks for your help the last couple of days.
>
> Is it difficult to change window manager in
> pocketworkstation?  I think fluxbox with it's tabbed window
> feature is ideal for the small screen.

Just create a new file $HOME/.Xclients in the debroot that contains the
commands run when starting X, for example "fluxbox &" or similar.  See
/usr/local/bin/zvncserver which loads it for examples.

> Does that cool zooming and see-through keyboard
> functionality depend at all on the window manager or is it a
> separate app?

It's independent from all the X11 applications since it's part of the VNC
client "fbvnc". Those features also work if you use fbvnc to connect to a
remote VNC server.

> I.e. can I just apt-get fluxbox?

Yes, that should work, see above about editing .Xclients so that it gets
launched. I was too lazy to do the official Debian "window-manager"
redirection.

-Klaus