Debian on handhelds status

Hi, folks.

Is anyone up on the status of Debian on handhelds?  It
would be nice if someone could post a quick summary of
which projects are moving forward, if any, and which
ones have pretty much stagnated.  URLs to active projects
which have a working Debian on PDA would be particularly
useful (google searches are frustrating because there's a
lot of stagnant and obsolete stuff out there).

Last time I tried to put Debian on my handheld (IPAQ with
CF sleeve and 5GB drive) I was not able to locate a
reasonably straightforward way to do it (the one at
helixcode had been removed) so I had to make do with
familiar as the host OS and real debian only in a
debootstrap.  Pocketworkstation was supposed to work but
the instructions were so Zaurus-specific I couldn't get
it to work.

-- Tony Godshall