Re: Debian handheld

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 09:49:20AM -0800, randy none wrote:
> Has anyone had any success with using
> pocketworkstation as the regular environment for the
> zaurus? Any model would be interesting to hear about.
> If successful, what changes did you have to make to
> get apm shutdown/suspend, light managment, network and
> wireless managment, etc. working?

I have a fully native Debian running on the Sharp SL-C750, but that had
involved an unholy combination of bits and pieces from Sharp's preloaded
environment together with Debian packages. Due to the unclear copyright
status (not to mention that it's a big mess) I can't release a
distribution based on that.

Very roughly I'm using the following:

- boot Sharp kernel (lightly modified), load shell script, load Sharp
  proprietary sd/mmc module, mount SD card, do pivot_root over to it

- use Debian pcmcia_cs (with some Sharp config parts copied over) and apm
  (or the sourceless "zapmd") for power management

WLAN, shutdown/suspend, light management, and network all work as
expected.

-Klaus