Re: zaurus-debian success!

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 01:37:05AM -0700, steve wrote:
> (my old e-mail is descentlvr<at>hotmail dot com, I've posted before)
> First off, Klaus Weidner is The Man.

Thanks :-)

> Since I love tab completion so much I set up SSH daemons on each OS
> (Sharp ROM and zaurus-debian), plus I can connect from a desktop.
> debshrink works VERY well, saving tons of space (15megs just from
> shrinking, not to mention deleting downloaded .debs).

It largely removes internationalization information. Note that the "base"
image has this run already to save space, but I don't do it for the "big"
one by default.

> I will continue explaining my zaurus-debian experience later this week.
> I've had this up and running for a few days.  I've just been
> installing/removing packages and gettin' used to it.

Yes, I'd be curious to hear how it's working out. Power management is a
mess right now due to the differences between ROMs - is that working for
you? I need to spend some time on this, which I don't have right now :-(

-Klaus