Re: Zaurus 860 native X and calibration

howdy Klaus, thanks very much for the response!

I have tried both the fbvnc and native X (in chroot)
approaches. The touchscreen tracking problem was with
the second, and I just now found the problem: not only
do I need /etc/pointercal to be in the chroot, but
also /etc/ts.conf and /usr/share/ts (the latter
contains the touchscreen plugins).

now the tracking in native chroot X works fine; i
notice one of the modules included in /etc/ts.conf
from pdaxrom is "tracking linear" :) i suppose that
was the problem. native chroot X works great now
(well, still have to work out the kinks with power
management, like suspend on lid close)

by the way, I'm not running the xserver-xfree86
framebuffer X, but rather just using the
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xfbdev that pdaxrom ships with (it
appears that this is from keith packard's version of
X).

thanks again,
nick