Sharp ROM instability

I have no reason to think this is because of zaurus-debian, but has anyone else had problems with stability? Now several times I have had the graphics mess up, completely locking the zaurus. Every other vertical column of pixels appears to turn white, like what happens the moment before the zaurus is rebooted (which is normal I'm assuming, the screen just powers down temporarily during a reboot, no problem). This has happened once while in the zaurus-debian environment but I am definitely blaming the Sharp ROM. In this state, pressing practically any combination of 2 or more non-thumbboard buttons (i.e. Action, directions, calendar, contacts, menu, mail) will suspend the zaurus. Pushing Cancel / On/Off brings the zaurus back up. The situation does not improve until after I've rebooted or done a hard reboot if it actually freezes. This sound familiar to everyone? I'm using a 5600 with the Sharp ROM v1.32

Steve