Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

Carl,

> The Debian packages debootstrap, rootstrap, and pbuilder all support the
> creation of chroot's or of disk images.  I've never tried any of them;
> judging from the package descriptions, none sounds like exactly what you
> want (either they build a chroot, rather than a disk image; or they
> expect to run programs inside the image), but they might be a good
> starting point.

Thank you so much, debootstrap looks pretty reasonable. Now my problem
is -- how do I squash those 80MB into less than 64MB for the C750 (in
fact, less than 25MB unless I want to tweak the flash process) or 16MB
for the 5500? There's probably a lot to be deleted (in
/usr/share/{doc,locale,man}, /var/{cache,lib}/apt, etc.), so I'll
better have a stroll around the file system.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/