Re: dietlibc

begin  Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 23:42, Joerg Sommer wrote:
>> because the space on Z is very limited, it should be a good idea to use
>> dietlibc. But the description says, it is not possible to link dynamical
>> to it. Does anyone know why?
>
> It's been some time that I've been to a dietlibc talk.
> AFAIK the reason was that dynamic linking information would sum up to more
> bytes than linking in the lib statically, thus there's no need to implement
> it.

Yesterday, I compiled wwwoffle with dietlibc and is was bigger then
wwwoffle for glibc + glibc. So it doesn't make sense to use dietlibc
while it doesn't support dynamic linking. Or did I something wrong? In
the FAQ, I saw it is implemented for i386. Maybe arm will follow.

Joerg.
end.
--
Eine Blume geht über eine Wiese, sieht einen schönen Menschen und reißt
ihm den Kopf ab.