Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:42:32PM +0100, Major A wrote:

> It seems that the Debian-on-Zaurus website
> (http://people.debian.org/~mdz/zaurus/) is quite old, with the latest
> status entry dating 8 months back. Can someone tell me what exactly is
> going on in this area? In particular, is there a more recent kernel than
> the Sharp 2.4.6 version that can be used with Debian on the Z?  Also, a
> bit more flexibility in dividing RAM into working memory and ramdisk
> compared to the Sharp kernel wouldn't hurt.
>
> I'd really like to run Debian on the Z, the current OpenZaurus (well, its
> ipkg package handler really) drives me up the wall.

As it says on the page, I don't have time to work on it right now (even less
now than then), and volunteers are more than welcome.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use a different kernel; probably
any of the OZ kernels should work, and they give you a range of options for
dividing up your memory.

--
 - mdz