Re: Starting development

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Jeff Elkins wrote:

> I downloaded the official Qtopia and arm cross-compiler RPMs from the Sharp
> Zaurus site and converted them with alien, and dpkg appeared install them w/o
> error. However, when attempting to compile the example program for x86
> execution I get close to 700 lines of undefined reference errors.

Hi,
I'm successfully running the toolchains from:
http://www.openzaurus.org/official/toolchain/old/
[both 2.95.3 & 3.2]

With these toolchains, I've cross-compiled on a 2.4.18 & 2.4.20 x86, for a
Sharp handheld 'zaurus c700' , some stuff, -> standalone binaries & drivers.

[On the x86 I dont have a Debian distro. it's an old Slackware, upgraded by
hand with various kernels headers gcc etc]

Note: I've always taken a look to Makefiles, $PATH vars, 'configure' [or
equivalent] args, of the prog/drivers I've cross-compiled.

In summary, I'm happy with the OZ toolchains.
[it's my first attempt in cross-compiling.]

-Paolo