pb to connect the zaurus under debian to the PC

I have make the rom flash, all is good !!!

But I can't connect my zaurus to the PC (my PC doesn't see the zaurus... arrrrgh...).
I try to modify the network parameters in /etc/network/interfaces, but it is only a text file, No ?
How can I set the IP of the zaurus, the gateway, the mask, and the destination ?!
I try to read the doc at /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz, but I have not the directory doc in /usr/share ....

Thanks for reponses !!!

Thomas