new opie build up for testing

Ok,  a few more days of work and I now have new packages up for testing and
they are apt'able.

deb http://people.debian.org/~rkrusty/ opie unstable

Notes:

    This is for i386 only.  That means we are not looking to test whether
            the apps work on a Zaurus or iPAQ.  What I need is help with
            the Debian aspects of this.  Are the files being put in the
            proper places on the filesystem so that they both work and
            follow Debian policy?  Is the package layout proper?  Are there
            packages which should be merged with others or are there apps
            that should be broken out into their own packages?  Things like
            that.
    You may need qvfb in order to test these:

		apt-get install qt3-dev-tools-embedded

    just run qvfb &  and then launch qpe or whatever.

    When I went to break out the packages I found that package breakout that
            already existed within the project (not sure if this is just
            carry down from Qtopia or not) was probably the best thing to
            follow.  (if you look at the source you'll find .control files
            all over the place...each one represents a package and is very
            similar to debian/control and even tells you what files make
            up the package.  I used this as a template and pretty much followed
            it.  So what does this mean to you?  Well, it means that from a
            single source package I ended up with something like 142 packages.
            I had thought that I had a crapload of packages when I was dealing
            with all the KDE stuff but damn!  :)  I'm going to hear it from
            the ftpmasters when I go to upload this so lets be sure to make
            sure this is what we want.  My opinion is that it's for Embedded
            systems so the ability to pick exactly what you want installed
            and limit the size of your system is *very* important.

umm..and finally something that I was thinking as I was looking at all of
these damn packages.  I think we might need a new package section.  Some
sort of Embedded section equivilant to X11 which currently exists.  In trying
to figure out what sections all of these packages belong to (which is another
thing I need people to help with) I kept wanting to put things in x11.  This
would not (of course) be accurate since they are not x11 apps.  Maybe we
need a "embed" section for these. What do you think?

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II