Re: Hamradio-all software package

Re: Dave Hibberd
> This does make me wonder about a secondary effect of the metapackages - we have a number of packages that install and enable systemd units, is this something that's worth addressing in our packages or am I overthinking it again?

Starting daemons on package install is normal Debian practice...

> On Sun, 10 Mar 2024, at 6:15 PM, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> > Mark Lus wrote:
> >
> >> After installing the current package on two intel based PCs, the working audio card would be replaced with "Dummy Output".  Resulting in no audio out.
> >
> > please reinstall hamradio-all then, when you audio stops working (at
> > the net reboot, I think) run this command as root:
> > systemctl stop remotetrx
> >
> > your audio should start to work again immediately (non need to logout
> > or reboot), but to make this permanent run these commands as root:
> >
> > systemctl disable remotetrx
> > systemctl disable svxlink
> >
> > If you only disable remotetrx, at the next reboot svxlink takes over
> > the audio device

... Though installing random packages should not cause breakage like
that. Does anyone know what exactly happens there? Is the purpose of
these packages to make the default audio device something else?
"remotetrx" might sound like that, but I've never used it.

Christoph DF7CB