Re: helping with updated HAMEXAM

On Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 03:56:32PM -0400, Lavojo wrote:
> apt-cache show hamexam
> Package: hamexam
> Version: 1.7.0-3
>
> Just offering to help to upgrade hamexam
> to the latest question pools.
>
> I'm working on getting the General License currently and hamexam 1.7.0-3 is
> a pool behind.

Hello Bill,

John Nogatch provided an update in August [1] that contains the current
question pools and is available in Debian unstable and testing.  I
wouldn't expect you to encounter any problems installing this newer
package on Debian stable.  You can view the package information on the
Debian Package Tracker page [2] and fetch the .deb for 1.10.1 here [3].

All that said, if there is interest, we could conceivably prepare an
updated package of 1.10.1 for Debian Backports [4].

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/hamexam/-/blob/master/share/README
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hamexam