Project Opendigitalradio (www.opendigitalradio.org)

Hi,

A few months ago, I pushed 4 debian packages that contain the main components of a dab/dab+ broadcast chain (audio encoder, Program Access Data encoder, multiplex and modulator):

 - odr-audioenc: refused due to a license issue (see below)

 - odr-padenc: landed successfully on unstable

 - odr-dabmux: stuck on https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

 - odr-dabmod: stuck on https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Regarding odr-audioenc, I was notified that odr-audioenc_3.2.0-1_amd64.changes was REJECTED. The reason being:

"

license clause is compatible with DFSG:

You may use this FDK AAC Codec software or modifications thereto only for
purposes that are authorized by appropriate patent licenses.

"

Actually, odr-audioenc depends on the Fraunhofer FDK AAC Codec Library for Android which can be modified and distributed. I saw somewhere that debian nevertheless considers this license as being non-free. If that is the case, can the package still be pushed to Debian (maybe through a different process) or not. If it cannot, then I believe that it makes no sense to keep the other 3 packages in the debian project and to remove them before bookworm is finalized.

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

--
Robin ALEXANDER