Re: Is there any plan to package SDR++ and NOAA-APT ?

Il giorno dom 14 ago 2022 alle ore 20:45 Fabrizio Furnari ha scritto:

> I'm not familiar with salsa.debian.org (but I know better GitLab), the repository you linked is a mirror from the official/upstream one?

it's not a mirror because it doesn't track every change from upstream,
it's more a tool for preparing the debian packages, especially useful
for collaboration on the packages maintained by the Debian Hamradio
Team

> This mean that sooner or later SDR++ will be added to the official Debian repository?

it only means that work has started, but as Kyle mentioned, it needs
work on libraries before we can even think about adding to Debian:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/sdrpp/-/blob/master/debian/TODO

> Is there anything I can do to help with this (or maybe to start working on the other one, noaa-apt)?

packaging sdrpp and noaa-apt are difficult tasks, you are welcome to
undertake them, but why don't you start with something easier or
faster?

here is one of the various quality assurance tools:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=debian-hams%40lists.debian.org
look if one of your favourite software has any bug filed, then if it's
something that should be fixed in Debian, create an account on salsa,
fork the repository and send a merge request with your fix

If you start working  on something that takes time, just talk to this
mailing list to avoid wasting time on duplicated work.

Also ask here any question.

--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele