Re: someone adopt my 2 packages

On Sun, Jun 05, 2022 at 09:34:58PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 09:14:24AM +0200, Christoph Feenders wrote:
> > Dear Hamradio-Team,
> >
> > with lot's of help from Kamal and other sponsors over the past years, I've
> > taken care of two tiny packages: ebook2cw and ebook2cwgui
> >
> > Not being a software developer, updating the packages took me a lot of time
> > and with the changed workflow (ebook2cw is now under version control on
> > salsa) it begins growing over my head.
> >
> > The source-code for both packages is very mature and updates are rare. With
> > 100 (ebook2cw) and 70 (ebook2cwgui) reported installs (popcorn), it seems
> > worthwhile that someone more capable than me looks after them in the future.
> > (Feel free to remove me as "uploader" for these packages.)
>
> Thank you for the efforts you have put into these packages.  They are
> officially team-maintained, so they will be looked after - meaning, we
> won't ignore bug reports - and at your request, I will remove you as an
> Uploader in a future upload.
>
> I can appreciate that the git packaging workflow may seem convoluted
> until you have used it for a while.  On the other hand, using a
> consistent workflow simplifies the management of large numbers of
> packages.  Therefore, I will also migrate ebook2cwgui into a repo on
> Salsa.

First of all, thanks to Christoph for initially making the packages
available, and thanks to the ham radio maintainers for continuing to
maintain them!

If there's anything I can do as the author of ebook2cw and
ebook2cw-gui to make packaging easier, by improving something on the
upstream side, please let me know!

thanks and 73,
Fabian, DJ5CW

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ5CW       Munich, Germany
fabian@fkurz.net         +49(174)6926713