Re: tucnak_4.36-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 07:37:37AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 01:14:50PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > >  tucnak (4.36-1) unstable; urgency=medium
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I never understood how tight the relationship is, but new tucnak
> > versions always come with a new libzia version that might need to be
> > updated along.
> >
> > (Maybe that should be a single source package?)
>
> Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  (As I was uploading, it
> occurred to me that it would be nice if the package had an autopkgtest.)

During my brief smoke-test, I didn't see any differences in behavior
between tucnak 4.34 running on libzia 4.34 and tucnak 4.36 (also running
on libzia 4.34).  However, there is a symbol difference between libzia
4.34 and 4.36, although that symbol is not referenced by tucnak, so I
decided to go ahead and update libzia to stay current.

I assumed this would be safe, but now trying to start tucnak 4.36, I get:

tucnak: error while loading shared libraries: libzia-4.34.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So there is still work to do on tucnak.  I will perform a source upload
of tucnak as soon as libzia 4.36 is in the archive to limit the breakage
for users of unstable (local builds confirm this gets us back to
functional again), but will need to do some more work to either
declare or avoid the strict dependency.

Apologies for the mess.
tony