Re: netromd port quality settings

Ok, let's check if I'm understanding correctly the problem:

You've manually set a route quality for a route but because you receive
the station well it's being overridden even though the link quality
isn't symmetrical.

Yup, to clarify, I have three neighbor nodes I am copying directly:

ve1vo,ve1scr both good routes, solid paths

ve1vl is a bad route, it also gets heard by my system but not always, and it doesn't hear my 50w at all, so I'm trying to keep ve1vl AND it's nodes table down in quality because path is unusable..so locked route in at 50...my minqual is also 50, so that route hopefully can't be used

ve1vo is a good route, my nearest neighbor at 500 yards hi! quality 203

ve1scr is also a good route, rarely any retries etc...quality 203

default netrom iface quality is 203 also

Expected behavior would be that ve1vl, with it's ROUTE quality locked at 50, would not then allow nodes in ve1vl's table broadcast, when heard by mine, to be up ABOVE 50...

There are paths that are duplicated on all three nodes...but ve1vl is the only one I want to restrict as it does not hear me..

For example, ve1lun is close to ve1vl, but I want my netrom path to go to ve1vo, then ve1vo will get heard by ve1vl, and proceed to open a netrom session to ve1lun...ve1lun is in all three node tables, and so, mine tries to get to ve1lun through the non-working ve1vl direct path....because mine might have heard part of netrom bcast table from ve1vl directly...path quality to ve1lun jumps up to my default port quality as a path thru ve1vl directly...yet route quality for node ve1vl is locked down to 50 in routes...what I *think* I'm seeing is that my default port netrom quality manipulates ALL nodes tables qualities regardless of the locked route quality..and a locked route only seems to lock the quality of the locked node itself, NOT it's neighbors/tables.....

Do you know which system it is that is causing this issue? My guess
would be netromd.
Yes, it is...

Right now I'm working on AX.25 only, no netrom or rose, but later we
will need to test out the rest of the stack so knowing what problems
might be around is useful.

Can you describe the setup in more detail, provide the
configuration/commands you used to do the setup, what you expected and
what actually happened? Then I'll turn this into a bug report so we can
track it and hopefully resolve it.

Don't worry about creating noise. This is the development list, where
the development happens, noise is good here.

Thanks,
Iain.