Re: New Hamlib packages [Was: wsjtx/wsjt software]

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 09:47:56AM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> no, all code is same, just some files missing from some packages,
> which needs to build the wsjt. Now I fixed them.

I had a look and that is indeed the only change. The changelog also
mentions Standards-Version bump to 4.1.3 which wasn't actually done in
the control file.

However, Debian policy (10.2 to be specific) says, with good reason,
that *.la should not be installed unless absolutely necessary and if
they are, the dependency_libs field must be emptied. Installing the *.a
static library is okay, but should normally not be used in building
other packages.

Can you explain which of these the new version of wsjtx requires and
why? (The real question behind this is how we can avoid that
requirement.)