Re: Hamlib state

Hi Colin,

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 04:04:04PM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> On 03/07/17 15:23, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid that this new version isn't complete. The new version
> > of Hamlib (3.1) contains the Lua binding, but the package isnt't
> > there.
>
> Have you talked to upstream about this? Have you filled an upstream bug
> about it?

Talked to upstream? For why? I've made this feature for the
upstream.

> > I've started to build a new Hamlib package in this January
>
> Why are you doing this separate from the official upstream? Is your
> version a fork of upstream? - if so why?

I'm sorry, may be you don't understand me - the official upstream
HAS the Lua binding, that's not a fork, or any other branch.

See the source tree in your package directory, or here is the
Nate's commit:

https://sourceforge.net/p/hamlib/code/ci/2b657e7c9db0a426b56a7d4d2e79d587b63b99f5/

The 3.1 Hamlib version came at 31st of December, 2016. I just
started to make a new Hamlib package, as you did. (But there was
the freeze, and I slid...).

> > The packages are here:
> > http://ha2os.ha5kkc.com/Hamlib_3.1/
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to look at that - if you want to
> provide bug reports and patches against the version in Debian we will
> look at them. But you really ought to be talking with upstream first.

Sorry, I don't understand, why do I need to make a bug report -
I'm a member of debian-hams, shouldn't I make a package to help
you? Or how can I help you in another way?

73, Ervin