Re: cqrlog

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been resolved.  I am a bit behind in
reading email.

You will have to cut and paste these URLs, since line wrap doesn't work
on my email program.

I would check to see if the database has changed.  There is a conflict,
last I checked (many weeks ago) between MySQL and MariaDB (which used
to be MySQL).

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/143390/mariadb-mysql-repository
-ubuntu-16-04-conflicts-and-more

https://askubuntu.com/questions/776912/ubuntu-16-04-lamp-mysql-dpkg-ins
tall-problems

I had a difficult time with getting things working again due to the
database conflict problem.

The short version of what happened:

https://www.tecmint.com/the-story-behind-acquisition-of-mysql-and-the-r
ise-of-mariadb/

The fellows that wrote the original MySQL routines started MariaDB as a
replacement.  Both databases were using the same directories.  The
MySQL backend was forked and was no longer compatible with MariaDB.

It is a real headache to remove one or the other, since the file
management routines will try to fill in dependencies.

I don't remember all of the steps I took to resolve that conflict (and
get cqrlog working again), but that turned out to be the problem I ran
into when I saw that message about the database not working.

73
Dave
KU4B