Re: qrq and pulse audio

Hi Chuck,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 01:01:55PM -0500, Chuck Miller wrote:
> Does QRQ depend on pulse audio? I do not have PA installed on my system
> (causes problems with other apps).
> Can it be made to work with ALSA or ALSA-OSS?

the Debian package (and therefore also the Ubuntu package) do depend
on Pulse, because it is the default audio system there.

If you build it from source, using OSS actually is the default. So
if you download the latest source package
(http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq/qrq-0.3.1.tar.gz) and then install it:

tar zxfv qrq-0.3.1.tar.gz
cd qrq-0.3.1
make

you can run it right away with "./qrq" in that directory, or install
it globally with "sudo make install".

By default it tries to access /dev/dsp. If your OSS device has a
different name, edit the "qrqrc" config file accordingly.

73
Fabian, DJ1YFK

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK      Munich, Germany
fabian@fkurz.net         +49 176 24079617