Re: digital modes using debian

On 06/02/2016 07:28 PM, David wrote:

I am new to digital modes and is wondering where I can get more
info/resources on how to set up my debian box to do, in terminal mode
only, do things like packet, RTTY, PSK31 [this one might be more
challenging?] and JT65, etc.  For example, which package(s) do I need
and how do I configure them?

I will most likely be using something like a SignalLink USB TNC [I do
have an ancient KAM, would need help setting up + cabling to radio, so
need push that out until later] and a Kenwood for HF and a Yaesu for
VHF/UHF.

If you are interested in some packet BBS experience, you can check my rather old & outdated howto: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/FBB.html

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB

[Off-topic]: I take this opportunity to announce that I will come to Poland to participate in a technical conference CN2016, June 14-17, Brunow (http://cn.polsl.pl/), for performing a tutorial session on ham packet radio and networking in educational perspective. So I wondered if there are some local hams in that part of Poland, who might be interested in joining me for some technical assistance and ham demo during the conference, and for having some Ziwiec beer in a pub. After the conference, I will spend a couple of days in Wroclaw, Katowice, and Krakow area, and would like to meet local hams. So if interested pse contact me off-list.