Re: Processed: severity of 818217 is grave

Hi David,

On 02/06/16 02:20, David A Aitcheson wrote:
> This problem was reported upstream and has been worked on.

When can we expect a new stable release, or would you like us to package
a development snapshot?

When Debian is released, we commit to maintaining all the software
released with it for at least 3 years. This is great for those using
Xastir (and other software) in emergency situations where lives may
depend on its correct operation but for us developers it can be
problematic to maintain development snapshots (or even worse, snapshots
that just happened to be the HEAD of a VCS tree on the day we did the
packaging) where the "release" has not seen testing before being packaged.

It's great that Xastir sees active development but it is also important
that we have stable software in Debian, not just the "latest" software.

Thanks,
Iain.