Re: FreeDV hits 1.0

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 04:45:16PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> I have been following the FreeDV list and just this week it was
> announced that version 1.0 has been released.  Questions have been
> raised about .deb package availability and one of the developers works
> on Fedora and has RPM packages available.

FreeDV is not maintained within the Debian Hamradio Maintainers team in
Debian, but is available in the freedv package (fdmdv2 source package). I'm
CC'ing the maintainer for that package.

I am interested in FreeDV and would like to play with it at some point. As
for backporting, the hamradio packages in Debian are now starting to look
really good so it's possible some time may become available for backporting
some selected packages in the near future.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me