UPDATE-1 - Significant Change(s) to WSJT Application Suite

Hello All,

The WSJT Development team posted WSJTX v1.5.0 RC2 this afternoon. This
version, *does not* contain WSPR or JT4 modes, but, is a much improved
version of what currently resides in the Debian / Ubuntu repository (
WSJT-X v1.1 ). This version is the first of a series that will be
released from the upstream team.

I have updated my PPA to this latest version, which also requires the
KVASD Installer package. As such, both PPA"s need to be added. If you'd
like to test this version, follow the instructions below.

At present, the following is supported, from the PPA:

Arch: i386, amd64
Distro's: Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10, 15.05, 15.10

I have test this version, v1.5.0 on Debian Jessie, but it was built
using JTSDK Nix. I've done minimal testing on 15.10 as it's under heavy
development, so I there is a potential for issues with Wily.

INSTALLATION

ADD PPAs:
* sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ki7mt/wsjtx-dev
* Accept the PGP Key
* sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ki7mt/kvasd-installer
* Accept the PGP Key
* sudo apt-get update
* sudo apt-get install wsjtx-dev

If all goes well, kvasd-installer should be installed and ready to run
along with WSJTX v1.5.0

INSTALL KVASD Binary:
* In the terminal, type: kvasd-installer
* Select Option-1, Install Decoder
* Accept the EULA ( End User License Agreement )

If everything is OK, you should see a Passed Message along with LDD info
from the binary.

That should do it, browse Unity or your menu system and search WSJTX

VERSION SPECIFIC NOTES

* You should not loose any of your original WSJTX v1.1 data, which is
stored in ~/.wsjtx

* v1.5.0 stores the WSJTX.ini file in ~/.config

* All saved data, logs, FFTW wisdom files, Decode files etc get stored
in ~/.local/share/WSJTX. This is the default location for saved Wav
files, but, it is configurable via the settings menu.

If you any problems with the installation or operation, post them to the
list or you can email me directly if need be.

73's
Greg, KI7MT