Re: Packaging for gnss-sdr

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 11:37:58PM +0100, Carles Fernandez wrote:
> I followed the instructions in [1], importing an existing git repository
> and pushing it to Alioth. (By the way, there is a typo in that page: it’s
> “git remote add …” instead of “git add remote …”). Now the ‘next’ branch
> produces a package with ‘debuild -us -uc’ with no errors nor warnings in
> lintian, and ‘git-buildpackage —git-builder=git-pbuilder
> —git-debian-branch=next’ works well. Tested in an amd64 architecture.

Ah ok. That's fine, I've never used git-buildpackage with a non-standard
layout before, but that seems easy enough.

> Please let me know if I did it right and how can I further test the
> package, and trying in other architectures.

git-pbuilder can build for i386 on amd64 machines by using an i386 chroot.

https://wiki.debian.org/git-pbuilder#Creating_other_Architecture

Just add the ARCH environment variable when you call git-buildpackage too,
and it will use the i386 chroot.

Debian is currently in a freeze, which means new packages can't be uploaded
to testing, but once the freeze is over the buildd machines will build the
package from the source package for all the supported architectures.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me